On 16th - 18th May, cutting edge East London venue Oval Space and esteemed whisky events company The Whisky
Lounge join forces to bring the craft, innovation and heritage of whisky to the people of London in a three-day festival
designed for seasoned whisky fans and newcomers alike.
The festival boasts some of the best-known names in whisky, accompanied by a whole host of small, craft distillers from Scotland, Ireland, India, the USA to sample.
Featured whiskies include:
Johnnie Walker, Jameson, Macallan, Glenlivet, Talisker, Chivas Regal, Lagavulin, Bowmore, Laphroaig, Highland Park, Balblair, Kilchoman, Aberlour, Longmorn, Black Botle, Ancnoc, Ron Diplomatco, Berry Bros. & Rudd, Auchentoshan, Glen Garioch, Elements of Islay, Old Pulteney, Paul John, Tweeddale, That Boutque-y Whisky Co., Rock Town & Belfast Distllery
From exclusive tastings of rare pre-World War Two whiskies on our rooftop overlooking one of the last remaining Blitz sites in London; an East End whisky cocktail bar curated by Molecular cocktail specialist Lounge Bohemia on Oval Space’s terrace; Jameson takeover of the neighbouring The Pickle Factory featuring pickleback shots, live music and BBQ through to street food pop-ups on the The Oval. There’s plenty going on to occupy connoisseurs as well as those making their first forays into whisky.
The London Whisky Weekender invites visitors to delve deeper into the history and production of this sophisticated spirit.
Here’s what each session tcket includes:
• The opportunity to sample Whiskies from over 20 distilleries bringing over 120 varieties of whisky at no further cost (although your liver might be grateful if you sample in moderation)
• Free branded tasting glass
• The London Whisky Weekender Festival Guide, with extensive tasting notes and distillery guides
• Access to our very own 'East End Boozer' with whisky cocktails
• Access to Jameson takeover of The Pickle Factory complete with picklebacks, live music and a all-day BBQ Plus the chance to take part in (at extra cost)
• Blitz Whisky Terrace (Sampling pre-1945 whiskies on our unique terrace overlooking one of the last remaining Blitz sites in London)
•Under The Counter Drams Special whiskies at selected stands can be sampled in exchange for a token that can be bought separately.
• Special workshops and classes for a more intimate and detailed look at selected distilleries and whiskies including tastings from the likes of Laphroaig and Talisker.
FRI DAY 19:00 - 00:00, from £25 - http://bit.ly/OSWhiskyWeekenderFriDay
SAT DAY 12:00 - 17:00, from £25 - http://bit.ly/OSWhiskyWeekenderSatDay
SAT EVE 19:00 - 00:00, from £25 - http://bit.ly/OSWhiskyWeekenderSatEve
SUN DAY 13:00 - 18:00, £20 - http://bit.ly/OSWhiskyWeekenderSunDay