Valentines Chocolates Created for Champagne and Whisky Matching
Awarded gold in the World Chocolate Awards in 2015, Iain Burnett the Highland Chocolatier has created a range of gourmet chocolates designed to be paired with Champagne and with whisky.
Created by hand to enhance the flavours of both the chocolate and the drinks, the range includes chocolates to accompany 46 whiskies and Champagnes. It includes some developed in collaboration with some of Scotland’s best-known distilleries including Cardhu, Dalwhinnie, Dewars Aberfeldy, Glenfiddich, Knockando, Lagavulin, Talisker, Tobermory and Tullibardine.
Ideal for Valentine’s gifts for men and women, the chocolates are available from £14.95 for a box of nine chocolates with accompanying tasting notes. The range includes:
· White Lime and Chilli Velvet Truffle designed to accompany Laurent Perrier Demi-Sec or Ultra Brut
· Strawberry and Star Anise Velvet Truffle to taste with Laurent Perrier Cuvée Rosé
· Hand-dipped whole clementines candied over days to retain the fruit's natural juices, dipped in 70% dark chocolate and expertly decorated by hand to complement Laurent Perrier Vintage 2004
· Espresso Truffle (dark ganache infused with freshly ground espresso beans) to match Caol Ila 12 year old
· Cinnamon Praline (Sweet hazelnut praline with a rich spice infusion of cinnamon with a hint of cloves) to pair Glenfiddich 18 year old
· Lemongrass Praline (hazelnut praline infused with the fresh citrus of lemongrass enrobed in single origin 70% dark chocolate) to accompany Glenkinchie 12 year old
The chocolates contain no alcohol or preservatives but have been expertly paired in partnership with the Master Blenders of well-known Scottish distilleries and with Laurent Perrier. The result is a combination of carefully balanced flavours that complement the unique characteristics of each individual Scottish malt and Champagne; each really does enhance the other.
Based at Grandtully, Iain Burnett The Highland Chocolatier was founded in 2006 and is now Scotland’s most awarded chocolatier and one of the top three in the UK. In 2015 it won worldwide acclaim at the International Chocolate Awards with their Velvet Truffle marked as The World’s Best Dark Chocolate Truffle. It also won two further silvers for the Passion Fruit & Mango White Velvet Truffle and the Raspberry & Black Pepper Velvet Truffle. The awards recognise the finest quality chocolate from around the world and reflect international tastes, offering a level playing field for chocolatiers worldwide.
Iain Burnett The Highland Chocolatier source chocolate from the small African country, São Tomé and Príncipe and use local ingredients including cream from a single herd of Perthshire cattle, Blairgowrie raspberries and honey and Scottish butter.
Iain Burnett The Highland Chocolatier is based at The Scottish Chocolate Centre, where they run gourmet chocolate tasting tours. The business is twinned with Legends of Grandtully, a Mecca for locals and tourists who come to enjoy their coffee house, gift showrooms and gourmet chocolate shop.
To book tours at the Scottish Chocolate Centre or buy chocolates, visit www.highlandchocolatier.com or call 01887 840775.
Shake Some Classic Darnleys View Cocktails this Valentines Day
Glenglassaugh’s Sweet Sloe Berry Liqueur Re-launched
Famous Grouse Go Personal
Wemyss Malts Citrus Burst
Glenfiddich Age of Discovery Madeira Cask Finish