Interview - Willie Tait Brand Ambassador for Jura
My recent run of interviews with Whisky bloggers has really opened my eyes to both the breadth of knowledge and tastes throughout whisky drinkers and also to how similar we all are really.
So if whisky bloggers, and thus drinkers, are like that, what about those who work in the industry, people who have a day to day job involved in the heart of whisky, what are their opinions, well lets ask them i thought. So today starts another series where I have posed a number of questions to people involved in whisky.
I've never hidden my love for Isle of Jura Whisky so it's a great pleasure to start this series with Willie Tait, the Brand Ambassador for Isle of Jura. Short and sweet answers from Willie which i liked a lot.
1. How long have you been involved in the Whisky Industry?
2. WhatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s your earliest Whisky Memory?
The first time I went to Jura in 1974.
3. WhatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s your proudest moment in your career within the Whisky Industry thus far?
When I was made Manager of Jura in 1985
4. What was the last dram you had?
Jura 16 with friends after a hard day walking on Jura
5. What other whiskies and/or distilleries inspire you and why?
Bruichladdich, well I was the manager at one time and they do a great job.
6. What is your dram of choice?
ThatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s easy Jura 16yrs
7. The whisky industry seems very strong at the moment, where do you see it going over the next few years?
I think it will get even stronger, but only if we continue to inspire consumers.
8. Where would you like to be in 5 years time?
9. What is the strangest whisky superstition youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve came across?
ThatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s too complicated, just drink and enjoy.
10. What dram would you absolutely not be able to live without?
Do I need to say again.
Many thanks to Willie for taking the time to answer these questions and I hope you enjoyed viewing them, more in this series int he coming weeks.