So i've been blogging on various topics for a while now, my personal twitter name @ifotou coming from I Photo You when i used to do a lot more photography than I do today (and actually still have my photography blog which doesnt get updated much here) back in those days I met the lovely Nicole (@NicoleFindlay1)who is now blogging fashion goodness at Coco Made Her Do It.
Nicole was recently awarded a Liebster Award by a fellow blogger, basically an award to another blogger to help promote blogs etc, it's meant to go to blogs with lower/newer readership levelsso this blog doesn't really fit as I'm pretty happy with the numbers coming through this blog, but I'll happily accept and go with it, the other part is to answer some questions and nominate some other blogs for the Liebster Award, so I can do that. So onto the questions.
1. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
I think the thing i enjoy most is two-fold, first of all it's the fact I have an outlet for my ramblings (so much so I've also now got a Mens Fashion/Food/Comic/Stuff thats not whisky blog at A Chubby Scotsman so I love the fact blogging allows me the freedom to write what i want when i want.
But there's also the networking and friends that come from blogging, and without blogging I wouldn't have met some of the crazy people i call my best friends.
2. Tell us an interesting fact about yourself that most people don't know?
Oh .... well I have some tattoos lol err an interesting fact that most people don't know is that until recently i refused to wear a white shirt, i'd managed to go around 20 years without wearing one, I used to work with boring accountants who only wore white shirts, so i never bought one to wear to work until my current job. where i need it or when worn with a kilt as part of the pipe band etc
3. How do you see your blog progressing in the future?
I'm pretty happy with it to be honest, i will likely do more non-whisky drinks on here (Gin, Rum etc) but it's more likely to just become a resource for me (and others) to look back on in years to come.
4. How would you describe your style?
I'm assuming this is a fashion question where until very very recently i would have described it as comfy slobbish lol jeans trainers and a cartoon t-shirt, i've been trying to grow up and look more smart though going brogues, jeans and ashirt which is more "smart casual" and i think is more age appropriate for me.
5. Do you have any tips for people who would like to start a blog?
Keep it fun, blogs can and will become a slog, just do it when you want to, and when you're happily writing lots, keep some posts behind for days when you arent feeling up to it.
6. What is your most loved possession and why?
A pair of Chopsticks, they were a present my Mum's Cousin gave to my Gran in the 1960's when she returned from working in Hong Kong and when my Gran passed away they came to me, they are black with mother of pearl inlays and a beautful reminder of my Gran.
7.What do you want most from life?
To see my kids do well and to be as happy as i can be.
8. Do you feel that the blogging world can grow?
Definitely, although there seems to be a bit of a push with PR companies controlling what people say which i don't like, but then i think the blogging world will overcome that.
9. Tell us one thing you feel you can improve on your blog?
I'm not a natural writer, i write what i feel and not something that is hugely readable so it can be a bit jumbled, maybe need to go back and do Higher English!
10. What are your interests/hobbies?
Whisky is my biggest hobby, but I love music, reading (when i have the time) and spending time with friends, I also love photography.
11. What is your dream career?
Master Distiller - although with no Science Degree it's not going to happen.
So now i need to nominate some blogs, I think nominating 11 is a bit much so I'll pick some blogs i like reading to nominate for a Liebster award.
Whisky Gospel by Yoav
Somerset Whisky Blog by Steve
The Likely Lady by Laura
High Street Hopes by Lauren
And can you please all answer the following-
- What do you enjoy most about blogging?
- Tell us an interesting fact about yourself that most people don't know?
- How do you see your blog progressing in the future?
- How would you describe your fashion style?
- Do you have any tips for people who would like to start a blog?
- What is your most loved possession and why?
- What do you want most from life?
- What is the biggest issue you have with blogging?
- Tell us one thing you feel you can improve on your blog?
- What are your interests/hobbies?
- What is your dream career?
Wemyss Malts - Double World Whisky Award Winners
Spencerfield Spirit Shine At Awards
Benromach Honoured With Top Award
Tomatin Receives TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award
Isle of Arran Distillery Visitor Centre Celebrates Award Success