Morrison Bowmore Distillers Celebrates Award-Winning Year
Morrison Bowmore Distillers, the leading producer of Single Malt Scotch Whisky, has further exemplified its company vision as the Single Malt Specialist, by winning a series of prestigious industry awards for its remarkable spirits this year.
The Glasgow-based company is the producer of four major brands of Single Malt Scotch Whiskies Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Auchentoshan, Bowmore, Glen Garioch and McClellandÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Ã¢â‚¬â€œ and possesses over 200 years of whisky making experience combined. This year, these exceptional whiskies have won the following awards:
World Whiskies Awards:
- Best Islay Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Bowmore MaltmanÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Selection
- Best Lowland Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Auchentoshan 1999 Wine Matured
- Best Highland (12 Years Old & under) Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Glen Garioch 12 Years Old
- Double Gold Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Auchentoshan Three Wood
- Double Gold Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Glen Garioch Founders Reserve
- Gold Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Bowmore 12 Years Old
- Masters Islay Single Malt Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Bowmore Small Batch Reserve
- The top award for this new expression released in April 2012
- Gold Islay Single Malt Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Bowmore 12 Years Old
- Gold Islay Single Malt Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Bowmore 15 Years Old Ã¢â‚¬ËœDarkestÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
The idea of maintenance of traditional values and innovation in the marketplace is also directly behind the creation of its new corporate logo, which sees them rebrand as MBD to clarify their desire to be seen as The Single Malt Specialist. The copper still signifies its adherence to time-honoured traditions yet the overall logo retains a contemporary look and feel.
As further evidence of the companyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s confidence in the Single Malt market, they have repackaged and extended the Bowmore and McClellands ranges as well as launching a new range of Auchentoshan, ScotlandÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s only triple distilled Single Malt, exclusively for the global travel retail market. All done in the first half of 2012.
Mike Keiller, CEO of Morrison Bowmore Distillers, comments: Ã¢â‚¬Å“We're delighted to have received these awards and proud that the fruits of our labour have been internationally recognised. We're a small company, with a dedicated team who give our all to realise our vision of being the Single Malt specialist. As anyone in the industry will understand, Single Malt production requires care and patience, and the investment we're putting in is reaping its rewards.Ã¢â‚¬Â
For further information on Morrison Bowmore Distillers please visit www.morrisonbowmore.co.uk and www.suntory.com